Saturday 30 January 2016

We are swingers




It’s pretty clear to me that loyalty is stupid. It’s the ones that stay loyal that get stung.


And who do people blame? They blame companies for charging high prices. They might have a point, but it’s really our can’t be bothered-ness that’s really to blame! If you want to kill that mortgage quick you’ve got to get those expenses under control. Gas and elec is a key one.

By the way, where is it written that loyalty or loyal customers MUST be rewarded?


Lots of you know I worked for EDF Energy. Energy companies make money from our can’t be bothered-ness. I worked on the edfenergy.com website and we made so many changes to it, because the government wanted to make things fairer and more competitive. But if people don’t bother to swing then of course they’ll pay more than they should.


As I said in my Amazon book, Murder Your Mortgage in 7 Years, it’s so easy. You just need your last bill, which has all the details you need for a comparison site like uswitch.com to check who’s the cheapest for your gas & elec. It’ll take less than 10mins and I reckon most people could save hundreds over the year.


If I said to you, “would you like £300?” most people wouldn't say no. I know it’s not quite as exciting as hard cash in your hand, but it in a way it is cash in your hand!


I swing everything. I've never been with the same broadband/ telephone supplier for more than 1 year. I get the special offer discount with the new provider every year. Same more or less goes for car and home insurance: I've heard loads of people getting stung big time for loyalty.


I've even recently changed my bank account of 20+ years last year. It’s really easy these days. I went to TSB. It was a no-brainer: 5% interest on my balance, 5% cashback on spending, access to a 5% savings account, plus £100 switch reward via MSE.


I swing everything because with my mortgage killer mentality, paying more than I need to feels like being ripped-off. When it’s getting close to your end of (phone etc) contract or your gas/ elec bill arrives, then check for better deals. You can’t go wrong with MSE when it comes to buying anything.


By the way, just checking: a swinger is someone who switches suppliers to get a better deal right? Well then, come join us in a swing!


MSE Bank Accounts
uSwitch for Gas & Elec, Broadband
Amazon book - Murder Your Mortgage in 7 Years


No comments:

Post a Comment